Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 2 on the Island of I'M STARVING!!

Its Day 2 of my seven-day pre-op diet. I'm not gonna lie... I'm starving. I am teetering on the edge. I want some real food so bad I can hardly stand it. But I know that if I give in, I won't just have a little bit of real food to satisfy my hunger. If that were true, I wouldn't be on a pre-op diet at all. If I could control my hunger and my eating habits, I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

No, I am what I am. I am a Hungry Girl. And if I give into my hunger right now, it'll be a massacre of epic proportions.

Double Whopper, no lettuce
Large Fry
Vanilla Shake

Calorie Count? about a bazillion and a half.

Then comes the guilt. I'll feel fat and pathetic and weak. And all of those things will be true. If I give in.

But I'm not going to give in today. Instead, I'm going to write about it. I'm going to keep busy. Because if my hands are busy, they can't feed my face. I'm going to stick to this diet because its only Day 2 and if I can't do this, then what's the point of this surgery? The Lap-Band won't magically give me self-control. I have to obtain that on my own.

And it starts right now. Day 2 of 7. 10:53 a.m.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. Good job on not giving into the hunger! You CAN do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish mine was only 7 days. I have 14!

    ReplyDelete