Monday, June 14, 2010

Brand New Day

Saturday was a bad day.  Sunday was a little better.  And today is a brand new day!  I'm feeling so much different than I did just 36 hours ago, its incredible.  A few things I've changed that I think have made a difference...

~ I switched from Crystal Light to ice water.  I was having a hard time getting in all my fluids and I realized its because I like ice water about a million times more than flavored drinks.  I switched and now I'm getting much closer to my daily recommended fluid intake!  Plus, I got a migraine last night and I know it was from dehydration. 

~ I do not lay down (or recline) during or about 30 minutes after I eat or drink a shake.  I was having all this pressure high in my abdomen (up near my diaphram) and sometimes a small wave of nausea.  Then my stomach would start to make all kinds of dinosaur-like noises and churn and rumble.  I think its because I wasn't sitting upright.  So far so good today.

~ I got on the scale.  I haven't bothered to check my weight since my surgery because I knew I was carrying a ton of water-weight from the IV fluids and just the general nature of abdominal surgery.  But after my shower I got on the scale and it said 284!  That's down 10 lbs. in five days!  It was a huge boost to my self-esteem and gave me the confidence to keep on keepin' on.

Well, my little computer break is over.  I have to get back to picking up the house.  I love my husband dearly and he took wonderful care of me while I was laid up, but the house looks like an F-5 tornado came through.  I swear the man used two pots, a bowl, and three spoons just to make himself some mac&cheese.  And don't even get me started on the empty milk carton in the fridge and junk mail strew hither and fro.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better. I went back to work today. I can't believe I felt well enough for that. You will be there really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 pounds in five days! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete