Friday, July 16, 2010

A Fun Day... (w/ photos!)

So this isn't a terribly band-related post but I wanted to share anyways...

This morning my sister Kelly and I took the boys up the canyon to a park called Viestenz-Smith Park.  Its a gorgeous mountain park on the Big Thompson River.  Its a place we grew up going to and we love taking the boys.

To the right is a shot of the view from down inside the park.  Gorgeous, huh? 


So we walked all around the park but mostly we played by the river.  Because of all the winter snow and spring rain, its running really high and fast, so we couldn't really get in it.  But the boys had a ton of fun throwing rocks and sticks in the water and climbing on the rocks.

Here are a few cute shots of us playing at the river... 



















This is my younger sister, Kelly.  As you can clearly see, we look NOTHING alike.  She's 5'11", thin (size four or six), very tan, no freckles... We are just complete opposites in appearance.  I love her so much, but its not always easy being her fat sister, know what I mean?  But she's so supportive and encouraging.  She really is my best friend.  ♥


















We had so much fun at the river and ended our time with a picnic.  I can already tell that I've lost weight because I am more comfortable moving around and being active.  But I still cannot wait for the day when I don't DIE OF HEAT/SWEAT everytime I get outside.  But overall it was a fantastic morning and I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place! Glad you had fun, I definitely see a resemblence between you and your sister, you are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete