Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas has come and gone...

... and it was fantastic!!  My band did a great job of keeping me from over-eating.  I was only able to eat a small bowl of soup on Christmas Eve and a tiny plate of traditional Christmas food on Christmas Day (turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberries, etc.).  Unfortunately, the band did NOT keep me from indulging in the holiday slider foods that I was surrounded by. 

But you know what?  I don't care.  I didn't gorge, I sampled.  I ate more than a good bandster should have, but it was friggin' CHRISTMAS!  If I ate like that every day, I'd be 300lbs again in no time.  It was very freeing to know that I could indulge and get back on track the next day.  So yes, I enjoyed myself and had what I wanted.  Artichoke dip (on crackers, not bread lol), my grandma's famous english toffee, cranberry-peach cobbler, and even a glass or three of wine.

Here are just a couple of photos of our Christmas...







**Disclaimer**  The dogs are NOT ours.  They were my MIL's Christmas gift.  The top one is Molly, the spunky and ornery Shi-tzu Yorkie (aka Shorkie).  The bottom pup is the drowsy and cuddly Tinkerbell, a Chihuahua Yorkie (aka Chorkie).  They were pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment