Wednesday, October 6, 2010

iRan!!

Holy smokes, girls!  The unthinkable has happened!  Yesterday, while doing my interval workout on the treadmill, I... wait for it....  RAN! 

There I was, doing my one-minute work set when I realized that I was needing to pump up the speed in order to get to my PER (perceived exertion rating).  It was too fast to walk, so I started to jog!  It was only for a minute and my heart rate skyrocketed to 160 (just above cario HR), but I did it!!  After my minute was up, I did my 3-minute rest set, and then went back to jogging for TWO minutes!!  I thought I was gonna die, but I did it again!  It was kinda surreal.  I'm sure I looking completely goofy jogging on the treadmill, but I don't care!  There is NO WAY I could have done that for even 10 seconds four months ago! 

My next workout is Thursday afternoon and I am going to try to jog all my work sets.  WOOT!!

1 comment:

  1. fantastic!!! That's just great. And I bet it just felt darn near perfect no matter how hard it was!

    ReplyDelete