Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sad Truths...

You know when you hear those stories about people who have lost a ton of weight and then their friend/family member/insert-important-person-here turns on them out of nowhere because of jealousy/fear/insert-negative-emotion-here and you naively think to yourself, "that won't happen to me because [insert-important-person-here] would never do that because he/she is [supportive/wonderful/insert-positive-trait-here] and would never ever turn on me no matter how much weight I've lost." but then, the next thing you know, it happens to you?


Yeah, that really sucks when that happens.


*sigh*

5 comments:

  1. Aw... I'm so sorry to hear this happened. I think the important thing to try to remember is that it's THEIR issue. But it's still hard.

    My whole life I've been the fat friend. The person all my friends can compare themselves to and say, "well, at least I'm not as bad as Kiki"... I worry sometimes about what's going to happen when that changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this happened to you. I too say that it could never happen, but I guess you really never know. Sometimes jealousy brings out the worst in people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( So sorry. I know several people that have had this happen to them, and I expect I'll have a few friends fall by the wayside too (esp as I get below where anyone's seen me lose befor). It's so hard, and you never know who's going to be truly supportive and who's going to harbor resentment until it actually happens. It sucks that it goes that way sometimes.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you are going through this... but they will get their life on track too and be happy for your success and if they don't... well, then they aren't worth it. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! We all have our own hang-ups and issues in life. Sometimes as much as we want to be happy for someone who's changing, all we can muster is a big ole bag of jealousy!

    ReplyDelete